Connect with us


Canada vs Australia, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup – Preview, Prediction, Head-to-Head (h2h), Team Squads, Predicted Lineups, and More



Canada vs Australia, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup

Canada and Australia meet on Monday in a match that will have huge ramifications on Group B of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup. On Monday, the Women’s World Cup’s final round of Group B matches will take place, and one of the hosts will be under a lot of pressure. Australia should win against the reigning Olympic champions to have a possibility of movement, while Canada could book their spot in the round of 16 with a draw.

The teams enter the match in second and third spot in the group, respectively, with Nigeria sitting on the standings. The African country shocked the Aussies on Thursday, winning 3-2 and throwing the whole group into confusion.

Each of the three nations are as yet ready to progress to the knockout rounds, and with Nigeria confronting currently eliminated Ireland simultaneously, the Canada versus Australia game takes on tremendous significance for the two sides.

The Canadians are attached on points with Nigeria, and a draw or win owns the Canucks to the round of 16. Canada can’t play too moderately however, as a defeat to Australia — who can progress with a triumph — would more likely than not end their competition.

Canada vs Australia, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup – Match Review

Australia will endeavor to qualify for the knockout stage, a destiny that has been achieved by every one of the past hosts of the FIFA Women’s World Cup before this edition. That’s what to do, it’s probable they should beat Canada in this match. It’s conceivable that a draw could take them through, yet for that to occur, they’d have to depend on the Republic of Ireland beating Nigeria (a match that will happen at the same time as this) and trust they can better Nigeria’s goal difference.

Their World Cup campaign began well with a 1-0 triumph over the Irish, however, a shock 3-2 loss to Nigeria on MD2 has left them near the very edge of a competition exit, except if they can track down a positive outcome in this game.

Australia hasn’t been eliminated from a Women’s World Cup group stage since 2003, and they’ll be hoping that all-time top scorer Sam Kerr can be cleared to help them win this time. Kerr has missed the opening two games of the competition through injury, and the latest reports propose it isn’t looking positive for the Chelsea striker or her national team in front of this game.

With a 0-0 draw against Nigeria and a 2-1 victory against the Republic of Ireland, Canada has four points from their first two games.

Adriana Leon scored her first WWC goal in the success over the Irish, meaning she’s presently scored 10 goals under coach Bev Priestman in all contests, more than some other players during her residency. One player actually searching for a goal in this competition is legendary striker Christine Sinclair. The 40-year-old missed a penalty on MD1 versus Nigeria and requires a goal in these finals to become the first player in Women’s World Cup history to score in six different editions of the competition.


Canada have partaken in a decent beginning to their 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup campaign, yet they will be a little worried about a few unconvincing performances.

They started with a goalless draw against Nigeria and afterward went a goal down early on to World Cup debutants, Ireland, in their second match. However, the North Americans figured out how to turn that game around.

Canada haven’t been at their best all through the World Cup to this point, yet they come into their final match in the group stage in a generally decent position. They at present sit second in Group B, and they could protect their place in the round of 16 with essentially a draw. 

Prior to Adrianna Leon scoring the winning goal early in the second half, Canada had to settle for a draw against Ireland thanks to a fortunate own goal. 


Australia are near the very edge of the World Cup end in their home competition, as they were staggered by Nigeria on matchday two. After Emily van Egmond’s goal, the hosts appeared to have a good chance of taking the lead before the break, but Nigeria scored an equalizer in the sixth minute of injury time. During the second period, Australia failed to reconcile with the African nation, and with just 18 minutes remaining, it fell to a 3-1 deficit. Alanna Kennedy scored late on to give them a chance to win, but they couldn’t force a draw.

Australia will now be under more pressure for their final Group B match, as even a draw could see them drop out of the competition. They made undesirable history on matchday two, as they became the third host country to concede somewhere around three goals in the tournament.

Co-hosts Australia had high hopes for this tournament, but they started with a shaky 1-0 victory over Ireland thanks to a Steph Catley penalty in the 52nd minute. That was followed by a shocking 3-2 loss to Nigeria for the Australians.

The Matilda’s head into the final game of their home group stage sitting third, behind Nigeria and Canada. Just a triumph will be sufficient to see them qualify for the knockouts.

Canada vs Australia, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup – Head-to-Head (h2h)

Canada beat Australia two times over about four days in September 2022, the two in international friendlies. Adriana Leon, a dependable Canadian goal scorer, scored every goal in the 1-0 and 2-1 victories.

Canada and Australia will confront each other for the second time at the FIFA Women’s World Cup, following a 2-2 draw in their final group stage game at the 2007 competition. Across all competitions, Australia haven’t beaten Canada since May 2008, when the Matildas partook in a 2-1 friendly victory at home.

When is Canada versus Australia on and what time does it begin?

Canada vs Australia will happen on Monday 31st July 2023 at 12:00 (UK).

Where will the Canada-Australia match take place?

Canada vs Australia will happen at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium in Melbourne, Australia.

What channel is Canada vs Australia on in the UK?

Canada vs Australia will be broadcast live on BBC Two.

Where can I stream Canada vs Australia in the UK?

The match between Canada and Australia will be streamed on the BBC Sport website or BBC iPlayer.


United States: FuboTV, FOX, Peacock (Spanish), Telemundo (Spanish)
Canada: CTV, TSN, RDS (French)
Australia: 7, 7+, Optus Sport

Canada vs Australia, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup – Prediction

At the time of this match kicking off, it will have been the greatest game in the competition up until this point. Co-hosts Australia are on the verge of elimination, and even if they survive, they will eliminate Canada, one of the competition’s other stronger teams. In their bid to likely join Nigeria in the knockout stages, these two teams are expected to really go at it against one another. With the two sides coming into this on the rear of generally high-scoring thrillers, the neutral ought to tune in for this one.

Australia will undoubtedly require a win in this game and fortunately for them. Canada have a 34% chance of winning, while Australia has a 37% chance of winning. If Nigeria get anything out of their match against the Republic of Ireland, as expected, a draw (29%) will not help the Matildas.

The stakes are colossal for Australia in their final match in Group B. Many anticipated that the Aussies should dive deep into the competition, yet their chances against Canada will probably rely on the fitness of Sam Kerr. We anticipate a cagey matchup between these two teams on Monday, and Australia could win 1-0 to advance to the round of 16 with a victory.

Canada vs Australia, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup – Team Squads

Canada Team Squad

Allysha Chapman, Ashley Lawrence, Christine Sinclair, Cloé Lacasse, Deanne Rose, Evelyne Viens, Kailen Sheridan, Kadeisha Buchanan, Gabrielle Carle, Jessie Fleming, Julia Grosso, Jayde Riviere, Jordyn Huitema, Lysianne Proulx, Olivia Smith, Quinn, Shelina Zadorsky, Sophie Schmidt, Nichelle Prince, Sabrina D’Angelo, Adriana Leon, Simi Awujo, Vanessa Gilles

Australia Team Squad

Aivi Luik, Alanna Kennedy, Alex Chidiac, Clare Hunt, Caitlin Foord, Clare Polkinghorne, Charlotte Grant, Cortnee Vine, Clare Wheeler, Courtney Nevin, Ellie Carpenter, Emily van Egmond, Kyra Cooney-Cross, Lydia Williams, Mary Fowler, Steph Catley, Teagan Micah, Tameka Yallop, Hayley Raso, Kyah Simon, Mackenzie Arnold, Katrina Gorry, Sam Kerr

Canada vs Australia, 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup – Predicted Lineups

CANADA Predicted Lineup

PREDICTED XI (4-2-3-1): Sheridan; Buchanan, Gilles, Lawrence, Riviere; Grosso, Quinn; Fleming, Huitema, Leon; Viens



AUSTRALIA Predicted Lineup

PREDICTED XI (4-4-2): Arnold; Carpenter, Hunt, Kennedy, Catley; Cooney-Cross, Gorry, Raso, Vine; Foord, van Egmond



follow us on google news banner black


Recent Posts


error: Content is protected !!