Connect with us

Music

ITZY is only the fourth K-pop girl group in history to enter the top 10 of the Billboard 200 with ‘Checkmate’

Published

on

ITZY is only the fourth K pop girl group in history to enter the top 10 of the Billboard 200 with Checkmate

Billboard announced on July 24 nearby time that ITZY’s new mini album “CHECKMATE” had debuted at No. 8 on its renowned Top 200 Albums chart, it’s a week-by-week ranking of the most well-known albums in the United States.

The Korean girl group ITZY has arrived at number 8 on the U.S. Billboard 200 album chart with their new album “Checkmate.” South Korean girl group ITZY claimed its most memorable top 10 spots on Billboard’s principal albums chart with its fifth EP “Checkmate.”

The accomplishment denotes ITZY’s most memorable time entering the top 10 on the Billboard 200 — as well as their third entry on the chart, overall, following their 2021 albums “GUESS WHO” and “CRAZY IN LOVE” (the last option of which peaked at No. 11).

“ITZY’s Checkmate debuts at no. 8 on the Billboard 200, giving the South Korean quintet its first top 10 effort,” Billboard said Sunday (U.S. time) in a review of the forthcoming chart.

As per Billboard on July 24, ‘Checkmate’ earned a sum of 33,000 album units. 31,000 of those units involved album sales.

ITZY’s 5th mini album’Checkmate’ as of late earned its entrance on the Hanteo chart’s most elevated first-week album sales for K-Pop girl groups. The mini album ranked in the 4th spot with 472,300 copies sold in its most memorable week.

Billboard says “Checkmate,” in its most memorable week, sold 33 thousand units.

It’s the group’s third time on the chart, following their 2021 albums “Guess Who” and “Crazy In Love.”

It’s likewise their most elevated ranking up until this point and makes them just the fourth K-pop girl group to enter the top 10 on the Billboard 200, following BLACKPINK, TWICE, and aespa.

The Billboard 200 ranks the most well-known albums of the week in the U.S., estimated by comparable album units, comprising physical album sales and other digital sales records.

Released July 15, “Checkmate” acquired 33,000 identical album units, of which album sales contain 31,000.

Billboard expressed that 98% of the album’s first-week sales were CDs, with the other 2% digital album sales.

ITZY’s already most elevated charted album was its most memorable studio album, “Crazy in Love,” which reached 11th upon its release in September last year.

“Checkmate” has seven tracks, including the fundamental single, “Sneakers,” with lyrics encouraging listeners to run to the extent that they can hesitate in sneakers.

The K-pop quintet will hold its very first ever tour of American cities one month from now.

Subsequent to starting off the tour in Seoul on Aug. 6 to 7, the band will fly to the U.S. for shows in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, and New York until Nov. 13. All tickets for the U.S. shows were sold out when they were made free, as indicated by the agency.

Appearing in 2019, the girl group has worked effectively traveling between South Korea and Japan. It is known for “Dalla,” “Dalla,” “Wannabe,” “Not Shy,” “In the Morning” and other hit songs.

It has likewise enjoyed popularity in the U.S., with “Crazy in Love” led by “Loco” coming to no. 11 on the Billboard 200 after its fourth EP, “Guess Who,” debuted at no. 148 in April last year.

ITZY is at present advancing their comeback title track “SNEAKERS” on different music programs.

As indicated by Luminate (previously MRC Data), “CHECKMATE” procured a sum of 33,000 identical album units during the week finishing on July 21. The album’s all-out score comprised 31,000 conventional album sales and 2,000 streaming equivalent album (SEA) units — which means 2.96 million on-demand audio streams throughout the week.

ITZY is just the fourth K-pop girl group in history to enter the top 10 of the Billboard 200, following BLACKPINK, TWICE, and aespa. “CHECKMATE” is additionally just the fifth K-pop girl group album ever to make the top 10, following BLACKPINK’s “THE ALBUM,” TWICE’s “Taste of Love” and “Formula of Love: O+T=<3,” and aespa’s “Girls.”

Advertisement

Recent Posts

Trending

error: Content is protected !!