Connect with us


Side effects of eating an excessive amount of tomatos



Side effects of eating an excessive amount of tomatos

An excessive amount of anything is bad”, tomatoes could have hazardous consequences for your health when eaten extra. from digestive issues to runs, kidney issues, or even body aches, over-the-top admission of tomatoes can really hurt your body.

Could it be said that you are eating such a large number of tomatoes? In the event that indeed, there are some fairly disturbing side effects of tomatoes you want to be aware of.

Here are a few side effects of eating such a large number of tomatoes:

  1. Acid Reflux:

Tomatoes have malic acid and citrus acid, which makes your stomach excessively acidic. Eating such a large number of tomatoes can make heartburn or reflux due to the development of an overabundance of gastric acid in the stomach. Individuals who frequently experience the ill effects of digestive stress or have symptoms of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux sickness) might need to back off of tomatoes.

  1. Allergies:

Tomatoes contain a compound called histamine which might lead to skin rashes or allergies. For individuals with allergies to tomatoes, utilization might lead to serious side effects like swelling of the mouth, tongue and face, sneezing, throat irritation, and so on.

  1. Kidney Stones:

It might appear to be astounding yet eating such a large number of tomatoes might prompt the building up of kidney stones in the body. This is on the grounds that tomatoes are wealthy in calcium and oxalate, which when present in abundance in the body, are not handily metabolized or taken out from the body. These elements begin keeping in the body, prompting the formation of kidney stones.

  1. Joint Pain:

Exorbitant consumption of tomatoes might bring about swelling and pain in the joints. This is because of the presence of an alkaloid called solanine. This compound is answerable for developing calcium in the tissues, resulting in inflammation.

  1. Lycopenodermia:

It is a condition where an unnecessary measure of lycopene in the blood of an individual can bring about discoloration of the skin. Lycopene is for the most part great for your body yet when consumed in amounts higher than 75 mg each day, it can prompt lycopenodermia.

  1. Diarrhoea:

Your tomatoes perhaps convey the bacterium salmonella, which is liable for diarrhea. Notwithstanding, generally in individuals who don’t have tomato bigotry, the runs are pretty rare. A part of individuals takes lycopene supplements which are effectively accessible from one side of the globe to the other.

In any case, these may bring about unexpected issues, as has been demonstrated by certain examinations. To the extent that the question of the fitting number of tomatoes you can eat day to day is concerned, you should counsel an expert nutritionist for the response. It’s additionally significant to see if you are prejudiced against tomatoes or lycopene by and large, too.

Nutritional Value of Tomato

The water content in tomatoes is 95% while the rest of 5 % comprises carbohydrates and fiber. Tomatoes contain great amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K while different vitamins like vitamin B6, folate, and thiamine are additionally present. Minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, copper, and phosphorus are available in tomatoes. This vegetable likewise contains dietary fiber and protein and various other organic compounds like lycopene which are incredibly useful for our health.

Tomato Nutrition:

A medium-sized tomato contains nutrition as below –

  • Calories – 22.1 kcal
  • Carbohydrate – 4.8 g
  • Fiber – 1.5 g
  • Sugar – 3.2 g
  • Fat – 0.2 g
  • Protein – 1.1 g
  • Vitamin C – 26% RDA
  • Vitamin A – 20% RDA
  • Vitamin K – 12% RDA
  • Potassium – 8% RDA
  • Manganese – 7% RDA
Continue Reading
follow us on google news banner black


Recent Posts


error: Content is protected !!