McDonald’s Australia has uncovered the top five food items that were most popular all through 2021, and the result might surprise a few.
As a fun way for finishing the year that was 2021, McDonald’s has released its official list of the most popular menu items from the past year right across Australia.
In a year full of lockdowns and drama, Maccas was a constant, with drive-through often getting us through the intense months. McDonald’s discounts, promotions, and simple pick-ups brought a smile when a lot of different things appeared to be grim.
Along these lines, we believe it’s incredible fun that the organization has released its top five items.
While many go to fries for a speedy snack, it was the humble $4.70 cheeseburger that ruled against all menu offerings.
The second most popular item was the golden hash brown priced at a simple $2.60, followed by the classic Big Mac beef burger in third place.
Shockingly, fries didn’t make the top five.
In fourth place was the bite-sized chicken McNuggets produced using 100% Aussie chicken breast with a crisp tempura coating.
In contrast to the past indulgent menu items, the foamy McCafe cappuccino won fifth place.
It’s additionally amazing a McCafe item made the top five list when different options, including onion rings and McFlurry ice cream, are known to be famous menu items.
We were a little annoyed that fries didn’t make the list, and amazed by what took out the fifth spot: the cappuccino. In any case, we believe it’s presumably confirmation not simply to the simplicity of getting a coffee at Mcdonald’s, yet that a lot of our favorite cafes and diners were shut.
Obviously, there are a whole lot of hungry Aussies who enjoyed a Macca’s order or two across 2021 and presently, the fast-food chain has shared its list of the most famous menu items over the previous year.
So here it is: Maccas top five menu items from 2021, the year that was saved by cheeseburgers and nuggets. Where did your favorite McDonald’s bite rate?
Macca’s Australia top 5 national orders for 2021:
Here are the menu items y’all ordered the most in 2021, joined by descriptors from McDonald’s Australia, on the off chance that you’re curious about any of the below (which we accept you are).
Top 5 McDonald’s menu items in Australia for 2021
- Cheeseburger: An incredible combo of 100% Aussie beef, onions, pickle, ketchup, mustard, and cheese, all in a soft burger bun.
- Hash Browns: A crunchy, golden-brown crust with steaming, fluffy potato inside.
- Big Mac: A delicious juicy burger, with two 100% Aussie beef patties, crisp iceberg lettuce, melting signature cheese, onions and pickles between a toasted sesame seed bun. Also, remember the McDonald’s special sauce!
- Chicken McNuggets: Everything’s better when it’s bite-sized. Like Macca’s nuggets, made with delicate juicy 100% Aussie chicken bosom in a crisp tempura coating.
- Cappuccino: All your favorites in one — coffee, full cream milk, a generous layer of froth, and a sprinkle of chocolate powder. Coffee fit for an Aussie.