Pan American Games 2019: Schedule, Venues, Participating Nations in Lima 2019 Pan-Am Games
The Pan American Games 2019 (Spanish: Juegos Panamericanos de 2019), authoritatively the XVIII Pan American Games and ordinarily known as the Lima 2019 Pan-Am Games, are an upcoming multi-sport event administered by the Pan American Sports Organization (PASO), to be held in Lima, Peru from July 26 to August 11, 2019, with preliminary rounds in specific events starting on July 24, 2019.
These Pan American Games will be held at venues in and around Lima, and will be the biggest sporting event ever hosted by the nation.
A total of four offers were submitted for the 2019 Pan American Games, and they were authoritatively reported on February 1, 2013. These were Lima in Peru, Santiago in Chile, Ciudad Bolívar in Venezuela and La Punta in Argentina.
Lima offer for the games for the second back to back time after losing to Toronto for the 2015 edition of the games. Santiago had won the rights to stage the 1975 and 1987 Pan American Games however withdrew both times before hosting.
The other two urban areas offer for the games for the first time. Lima was elected as the host city on October 11, 2013 where PASO individuals assembled in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to elect the host city. The city was viewed as the most loved to win the rights to host all through the challenge.
Pan American Games 2019 Venues
The events will be held in different Lima districts and neighboring urban communities, with the greater part of them moved in the groups of VIDENA (a complex in the San Luis District), Pan American Park (Villa María del Triunfo), the Sports Village of Callao, and a sports complex in Costa Verde.
2019 Pan American Games Opening ceremony
The opening ceremony of the games is scheduled to happen on July 26, 2019 and the closing ceremony is scheduled to happen on August 11, 2019.
Pan American Games 2019 Participating nations
All 41 countries who are individuals from the Pan American Sports Organization are relied upon to contend.
The numbers in parenthesis represents the quantity of competitors a nation qualified.
|Antigua and Barbuda||Costa Rica (84)||Panama (83)|
|Argentina||Cuba (420)||Paraguay (71)|
|Aruba (21)||Dominica (2)||Peru (592) (Host)|
|Bahamas (33)||Dominican Republic (209)||Puerto Rico (244)|
|Barbados (31)||Ecuador (201)||Saint Lucia (7)|
|Belize (6)||El Salvador (56)||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Bermuda||Grenada (11)||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (4)|
|Bolivia (49)||Guatemala (144)||Suriname (6)|
|Brazil (487)||Guyana (26)||Trinidad and Tobago (98)|
|British Virgin Islands (4)||Haiti (8)||United States (643)|
|Canada (478)||Honduras (44)||Uruguay (145)|
|Cayman Islands (6)||Jamaica (131)||Venezuela (287)|
|Chile (317)||Mexico (543)||Virgin Islands|
|Colombia (349)||Nicaragua (61)|
2019 Pan American Sports
419 events in 39 sports are scheduled to be challenged in Lima, which is the biggest number of medal events ever held at a single edition of the Pan American Games. Bodybuilding and surfing will be challenged at the Pan-Am Games for the first time in 2019, while basque pelota will be reestablished after being missing from the 2015 Games.
Numbers in parentheses demonstrate the quantity of medal events to be challenged in each sport/discipline.
- Artistic swimming (2): Between July 29th and 31st, 2019 at the Aquatics Centre in the Villa Deportiva Nacional Videna cluster
- Diving (10): From August 1st to 5th, 2019 at the Aquatics Centre
- Open water swimming (2): August 4 in Laguna Bujama
- Swimming (34): From 6 to 10 August at the Aquatic Centre
- Water polo (2): From July 28 to August 10 at the Villa María del Triunfo cluster
- Archery (8): Between August 7th and 11th, 2019 at the Archery field in the Villa María del Triunfo cluster
- Athletics (48): Between July 28th and August 11th, 2019 at the Athletics Stadium in the Villa Deportiva Nacional Videna cluster, with the marathon and walks being held at Parque Kennedy
- Badminton (5): Between July 29th and August 2nd 2019 at the Polideportivo 3
- Baseball (1): From July 27th to August 4th at the Villa María del Triunfo cluster
- Basketball (4): From July 27 to August 10 at the Coliseo Eduardo Dibos
- Basque pelota (10): From August 4 to August 11, 2019 in Lima, Peru
- Bodybuilding (2): August 10th, 2019 at the Coliseo Mariscal Caceres
- Bowling (4): Between July 25th and 30th, 2019 at the Bowling Centre situated at the Villa Deportiva Nacional Videna
- Boxing (15): Between July 27th and August 2nd, 2019 at the Miguel Grau Coliseum in the Villa Deportiva Regional del Callao cluster
- Canoe sprint (12): From Aug 6th to Aug 9th at Albufera Medio Mundo in the city of Huacho
- Canoe slalom (6): From Aug 8th and Aug 10th at the Rio Canete situated in the city of Lunahuaná
- BMX (4): From August 7 to August 11 with Circuito BMX host
- Mountain biking (2): July 28th with Morro Solar
- Road (4): Between the 7th and 10th of August with Circuito San Miguel
- Track (12): Between August 1st and 4th with velodrome
- Equestrian: From July 27 to August 10 at the Equestrian Club Militar La Molina
- Dressage (2)
- Eventing (2)
- Jumping (2)
- Fencing (12): Between August 5th and 10th, 2019 at the Lima Convention Center
- Field hockey (2): Between August 5th and 10th, 2019 at the Lima Convention Center
- Football (2): From July 25 to August 9 at the Estadio Universidad San Marcos
- Golf (3): Between August 8 and 11, 2019 at the Country Club Villa
- Gymnastics: At the Polideportivo Villa El Salvador
- Artistic gymnastics: Between July 27 and 31
- Rhythmic gymnastics (8): Between August 2 and 5
- Trampoline (2): Between August 4 and 5
- Handball (2): From July 24 to August 5 at the Sports Centre Hall 1 located at the Videna cluster
- Judo (14): Between August 8th and 11th, 2019 at the Polideportivo 1
- Karate (14): Between August 9th and 11th, 2019 at the Polideportivo Villa El Salvador
- Modern pentathlon (5): Between July 27th and 30th, 2019 at the Military School of Chorrillos
- Racquetball (6): Between August 2nd and 10th, 2019 at the Racquetball courts located at the Villa Deportiva Regional del Callao cluster
- Roller sports
- Figure Skating (2): Between July 26 and 27th at the Polideportivo 3
- Speed Skating (6): Between 9th and 10th of August at the Pista de Patinaje
- Rowing (14): Between August 6th and 10th, 2019 at Albufera Medio Mundo in Huacho
- Rugby sevens (2): From July 27th to 28th at the rugby sevens stadium located at the Villa María del Triunfo cluster
- Sailing (11): Between August 3rd and 10th, 2019 at the Yacht Club Peruano in the city of Paracas
- Shooting (15): Between August 8th and 10th, 2019 at the Las Palmas Air Base
- Softball (2): From July 28 to August 10 at the softball stadium located at the Villa María del Triunfo cluster
- Squash (7): Between July 25th and 31st, 2019 at the Polideportivo 2
- Surfing (8): Between July 30th and August 4th, 2019 at Punta Rocas in the Punta Negra District
- Table tennis (7): Between August 4 and 10, 2019 at the Polideportivo 3 located at the Villa Deportiva Nacional Videna
- Taekwondo (12): Between August 9th and 11th, 2019 at the Polideportivo Villa El Salvador
- Tennis (5): From July 29th to August 4th at the Club Lawn Tennis de La Exposcicion
- Triathlon (3): Between July 27th and 29th, 2019 at Chorrillos Beach
- Beach volleyball (2): Between July 24 and 30 at the Estadio de Volley de Playa a temporary venue in the San Miguel cluster
- Volleyball (2): From August 2nd to 11th at the Sports Centre VRDC located at the Villa Deportiva Regional del Callao cluster
- Water skiing (10): Between July 27th and 30th, 2019 at the La Laguna de Bujama in the district of Mala
- Weightlifting (14): Between July 27th and 30th, 2019 at the Coliseo Mariscal Caceres
- Wrestling: Between August 7th and 10th, 2019 at the Miguel Grau Coliseum in the Villa Deportiva Regional del Callao cluster
- Freestyle (12)
- Greco-Roman (6)