Google Doodle Marks US Teacher Appreciation Week 2019 Begins! Highlights What It Means
The May 6 Google Doodle celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week, also called National Teacher Day, which is seen in the first full week of May. Teacher Appreciation Week is a national holiday celebrated in United States of America which happens in the first full week of May.
What is Teacher Appreciation Week?
Teacher Appreciation Week is an annual week devoted to celebrating teachers and the contributions they make over the United States.
The event was established in 1984 by the National PTA and happens the first full week of every May. Additionally, Teacher Appreciation Day 2019 will be held on Monday, May 6.
When is Teacher Appreciation Week 2019?
Teacher Appreciation Week 2019 will be held from Monday, May 6 to Friday, May 10.
Teacher Appreciation Week ideas
There are numerous exercises that students and others can use to thank their teachers in a special manner amid Teacher Appreciation Week. Only a couple of these include:
- Facilitating a breakfast or lunch for teachers at a local school
- Making cards to say thanks for teachers
- Putting advertisements in local newspapers to offer thanks towards teachers
- Making posters to thank teachers in an unmistakable manner
- Giving special gifts to teachers and putting coffee, snacks and others treats in the teachers’ lounge at a local school
- Holding a school-wide vote in favor of ‘Teacher of the Week’ and uncovering the outcomes at an enthusiasm rally toward the week’s end
- Requesting that guardians compose letters to offer their thanks and gratitude
- Inviting students to decorate their classrooms and schools for Teacher Appreciation Week
- Making Teacher Appreciation Week pages on Facebook and other social media platforms to get the network engaged with celebrating local teachers
Teacher Appreciation Week 2019 Google Doodle
Consistently, Google is celebrating the classroom heroes supporting their students each day. The present Doodle was made in partnership with the 57 2019 US State Teachers of the Year who visited Google in January for their first group meeting and investigates the theme “A day in the life of a teacher.”