Child Care Worker and Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Appreciation Day is celebrated on October 22. ECE Appreciation Day 2020 is the 20th annual with the theme “Rising Up!” This day perceives the dedication, hard work, and education of Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) and all staff who work with little children.
From government cuts to the COVID-19 pandemic, our sector has confronted numerous difficulties this year. The laborers have adapted to the situation and are presently Rising Up to call for better wages, working conditions, and reinforcement for the sector. Every year the day is broadcasted by regions and educational committees across Ontario and set apart in many child care centres.
Supported by Ontario’s labour movement, the day causes to notice the value of ECEs and child care workers in communities. It is likewise an extraordinary occasion to call for better wages, working conditions, and backing for these laborers.
Child Care Worker and Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day is praised every year in October and is declared by educational committees and municipalities, as well as the College of Early Childhood Educators (ECEs), which is the professional body that manages and governs Early Childhood Educators in Ontario. This year denotes the 20th Anniversary of Child Care Worker and Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day which perceives the significant contributions of these early years professionals. The current year’s theme of Rising Up! is intelligent of the stunning duty of Child Care Workers and Early Childhood Educators who support kids, families, and communities every single day.
Child Care Worker and Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day Ideas
There are bunches of approaches to have a great time and celebrate the appreciation day sharing it with children and families. Here are a few ideas to inspire your creative mind.
Ideas for Educators
- Colour-coordinate garments for the day. Everybody comes to work in a costume!
- Have a “superheroes for super educators” themed day! You can design your service with superhero party decorations and have a photograph corner station with superhero props!
- Organize a mini-show day with games and face-painting.
- Spot a red carpet in the entrance to the service to produce a “walk of fame”.
- Organize a morning or evening tea get-together and welcome families to get back home-baked goodies, presents, and cards
- Make a goliath ‘thank you’ card for families to write in and put it on display in the reception/greeting area of your centre/service
- Make an early childhood educator (ECE) appreciation wall or ‘thank you’ tree
Ideas for Families
If you want to appreciate the celebration and not get overpowered with arrangements, It’s absolutely alright to permit children and parents to get imaginative.
Here are a few ideas of what you can request that parents do a few days in front of the event:
- create a ‘thank you’ card for their child’s educator
- make some art – a drawing, painting, or decoration
- compose a short story or poem concerning why their child loves his/her early childhood educator (ECE)
- pick a few flowers from their nursery
- make or bake something tasty to get on the day