You would know that the keto diet has become a popular trend for those following the eating trend because it is known to aid weight loss. The high-fat, low-carb diet has captured the attention of people and whether it will make a difference. The public is forever looking for ways to ease the stress associate with weight loss. Many have tried exercise while some go for a dieting plan, all of which prove unsuccessful. The reason is that some people don’t have time for exercise, and a dieting regimen is just downright difficult.
People tend to abandon a dieting plan as it leads to hunger and dehydration, and in some cases, cravings. These cravings lead to the consumption of a large unhealthy meal. The idea of the ketogenic diet is to reduce your carbs intake and increase fat. The body is forced to consume ketones and not glucose as a source of energy. The ratio of the meal should be 60% fats, 30% proteins, and 10%. A Keto diet induces the fasting state in the body. The body feels deprived of energy; it turns to an alternate source – stored fat. Ketogenic diets can be traced as far back as ancient Greece; then it was used to treat epilepsy. The modern use of the ketogenic diet originated from France around 1911.
The study found that patients with a low-calorie diet experience fewer epileptic seizures. It was later recommended as a treatment for epileptic treatment in children. The result was astounding, but there was a downside to it. Since fast can only be temporary, many patients realize their seizure came back after they stopped the ketogenic diet. However, the strategy was deserted due to the advent of anticonvulsant drugs.
Nevertheless, the ketogenic diet was born from this research. However, the journey does not stop there; it is now being used to treat weight loss. People are still baffled at how it became a weight loss diet. Nevertheless, its only advantage is not in the treatment of children’s epilepsy. Today most people use it as weight loss and to improve overall health.
Advantage of Ketogenic Diet
The ketogenic diet has many benefits, apart from helping with type 2 diabetes, it induces satisfaction. It is beneficial for those who are trying to lose weight. Some of the benefits of the ketogenic diet are discussed below.
- It suppresses hunger: one of the main benefits of a ketogenic diet is hunger suppression. The reason is that the consumption of fats and protein jack up the body’s satiety level. This is the reason why keto-dieters can go on two meals and not experience hunger pangs.
- Experience clearer thought: ketones confer a neuroprotective benefit on the brain. It clears the thinking pathway creating a more apparent thought. Ketones help thinking, unlike brain fog experienced by people consuming a processed carb diet. Using ketones as fuel contributes to mental clarity.
- Reduced triglyceride level in the blood: triglyceride is a compound that increases the risk of developing a stroke. Triglycerides are gotten from the consumption of excess carb, and they are stored as fat. But with ketones as the source of fuel, the level of triglycerides in the blood falls drastically.
- Sustainable weight loss: it has been clearly stated that a ketogenic diet aids weight loss, but it can sustain your weight loss. With a ketogenic diet, you do not need to watch out for sudden weight gain. The mechanism behind the ketogenic diet helps prevent this.
- It increases antioxidant present in the body: the ketogenic diet reduces the number of free radicals due to boosted antioxidant presence. It prevents the free radical from inflicting oxidative damage on the body. Less oxidation allows the cells and organs to function better.
Food to Eat During Ketogenic Diet
Different type of food falls into different categories. These food items are easily accessible in the local stores and cheap too.
- Meat and animal product: grass-fed animal and wild seafood are the best for keto-diet. Avoid processed food as much as possible. Examples include chicken, salmon, egg, pork, halibut, and cod.
- Fats: for a ketogenic diet, it is advisable to consume monosaturated and polyunsaturated fat. Examples include Ghee, coconut oil, avocado oil, lard, and chicken fat.
- Vegetables: fresh vegetables have low calories and high nutrient content. Examples include cauliflower, tomatoes, celery.
- Dairy products: example includes kefir, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, and yogurt.
- Herbs and spices: basil, cilantro, nutmeg, oregano, sage, and thyme
Keto Bread with Cream Cheese
Are you trying to shed weight and finding it challenging to give-up bread? Well, there is a solution for you with this. With the ketogenic bread recipe, you get to eat your favorite food. The amount of carb in this recipe is significantly reduced compared to the regular flour bread.
How to Prepare Keto Bread with Cream Cheese
The following ingredients are used in the preparation of keto bread
- Almond flour
- Cream cheese
- Baking powder
- Sugar substitute
- ensure you mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Transfer the batter to a loaf pan
- Bake at 4000 F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes, serve and enjoy.
Keto Bread Review
The Keto bread cookbook provides you with a lot of traditional recipes but with healthy ingredients. Keto bread is a flavorful, low carb bread that feels and tastes like your regular bread. Many people are not aware that gluteomorphins and casomorphins are compounds that have been found to trigger the brain’s equivalent of heroin and morphine addiction. These two compounds are gotten from dairy and wheat, respectively, leading to celiac, leaky guts disorder. This cookbook contains a lot of health-friendly recipes. Here is a sneak peek of what you should expect when you purchase this book
- Loaf bread
- Rolls and buns
- Flatbread and lots more
The book is easily accessible as it can be purchased online; each recipe is readily available and cheap. It also provides pictures and nutritional information on each recipe.