Women’s Equality Day 2019: Why the day is celebrated in the US; quotes for Happy Women’s Equality Day
Women’s Equality Day is celebrated on August 26 every year in the US to commemorate the passage of the 19th Amendment, which expresses the prohibition of the states and the national government from denying the privilege to vote to citizens of the United States, and which gave women the right to vote.
The Amendment was first presented in 1878. It was first celebrated in 1973. From that point forward this day is celebrated as the Women’s Equality Day.
On 26 August 1920, US Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby signed a decree at his very own home in Washington, finishing a battle for the vote that began a century sooner.
During the civil wartime, when a few civil rights movements like anti-slavery, moral movements were spread the nation over, women played a major role in their revolutionizing. But even then, they were still denied the right to vote. Following this, when women everywhere throughout the nation endured disparity at the hands of white men, the Suffrage movement began, which led the signing of that decree.
In 1971, the US Congress assigned August 26 as Women’s Equality Day.
The color for Women’s Equality Day is purple. Here are a few ways you can wear purple on this day to indicate solidarity.
- Purple wristband: You can without much of a stretch get a purple band and wear it on your wrist. There are bands made out of latex, rubber, cloth, and woven threads that you can select.
- Purple top/t-shirt: A purple top will appear to be able during this day. You can print a ‘women empowerment’ quote on it or popular pictures like “we can do it” or “this is what a women’s looks like.”
- Purple ribbon: A basic strand of a purple ribbon from a stationery shop/decoration shop will be casual and funky as it is tied on the arms or the wrist.
- Purple scarf: Wear a purple scarf either as a headband or around the neck for a chic look, all while supporting the reason.
This day sets an example that women are not frail, they don’t have a place with a flimsier community. Women are warrior, they deserve more and at whatever point they feel that they are smothered they will battle for their right.
So it’s an anniversary, to celebrate women’s empowerment and to help them about the solidarity to remember a woman. Here are some well-known quotes to keep you inspired in the battle for equivalent human rights on Women’s Equality Day and the past.
- It is difficult being a woman. You need to continue battling for your rights. You need to tell the world that you are no less. Warm wishes on Women’s Equality Day to you.
- Lucky are those, who are honored with a ladylike presence in their lives! Feel proud to be a woman, Happy Women’s Equality Day!
- A woman can be anything she wants as long as she decides hooses to never fear anybody. Cheers to all the strong women out there. Happy Women’s Equality Day.
- If you are a woman then always need to demonstrate your worth in every sphere and dimension. Be confident and keep growing. Warm wishes to you on this special day!
- Start this special Women’s Equality Day with a promise to never undermine a woman and treat every woman with respect! Warm wishes on Women’s Equality Day to you all!
- The important thing to follow is not to compete in a battle of genders but to achieve equilibrium. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
- This Women’s Equality Day, I thank all those faceless, loud voices from the past who fought for the women’s rights and gave us the life we have today! Thank you all.
- A nation can only progress if it acknowledges and identifies the rights of its women. Happy Women’s Equality day to every opinionated woman out there!
- This world cannot survive without the involvement of women. Till the doomsday continue the fight for equality. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
- Never forget the contribution of women in your life. Starting from a mother, to a sister, to a wife or last to daughter. Happy Women’s Equality Day to all!
- A woman is born with the power to save and love, her existence is based on the truthfulness in her eyes. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
- A Woman has the power to protect the world and not just herself. Huge respect for that. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
- If you want to get a plan, go to a man but if you want it to be done, go to a woman. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
- A woman is one who follows her own footsteps rather than following the direction shown by the crowd. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
- Women are the most untapped reservoir of talent in the world. Warm wishes on Women’s Equality Day to you.
- Our mother is one person who makes us realize our dreams. Cheers to the existence of this great creature of the Universe!