There are a lot of video-calling apps to browse, yet Google Duo may be the least complex. It works with the iPhone, iPad, and Android gadgets, and even on the web in a browser. We’ll show you how it works in the latter.
Using Google Duo on the web is clear. You should simply sign in with similar credentials (including the phone number) you used to make your Duo account. You don’t need to download any apps.
- To begin with, go to duo.google.com in a web browser, similar to Chrome.
- If you’re not signed in to your Google account, click “Try Duo for Web.”
- After you sign in, you’ll be asked to verify your phone number. Ensure the number demonstrated matches the one on your account, and afterward click “Next.”
- Google will send a text message to your phone with a verification code. Type that number to confirm your account. Click “Resend SMS” or “Call Me” if you don’t get the message.
- Contingent upon which browser you’re using, Google Duo may request permission to send notifications about incoming calls. Click “Got It” on the off chance that you see this message and want to opt-in.
- Click “Allow” in the pop-up requesting permission to “Show Notifications.”
- Since you’re signed in, you can use Duo to make or receive calls. Click “Start a Call” to look for somebody by their phone number or email. Select “Create a Group Link” to begin a group call.
- During a video call, you’ll see a toolbar at the top with the following icons:
- Microphone: Click this to mute your microphone.
- Video camera: Click this to turn off your camera for an audio-only call.
- Wide/portrait modes: Click this to switch between landscape and portrait video modes.
- Full-screen mode: Click this to make the video call full screen.
- Settings: Click this to select the microphone and camera you want to use.
- Click “End Call” at the bottom to exit a call.
Presently, you’re good to go to use Google Duo on the web! It’s an advantageous method to use extraordinary compared to other video-calling services out there without downloading one more application.