Steps to join Google Meet app for video meeting from Gmail
Google has revealed a new feature that permits its users to join Google Meet video call and meeting, directly from Gmail. The feature is slowly turning out to Gmail clients who have a work or school account. Google has made its Meet video conferencing app available right from Gmail, permitting clients to join meetings without switching between apps.
G Suite users will have the option to discover the choice to both starts and join a Google video meeting through their Gmail window. They will find a new section — marked ‘Meet’ — on the left side of the window.
Meet – it’s the rebranded version of Hangouts Meet – is accessible as part of Google’s G Suite, which currently has 6 million paying business clients, up from 5 million in February 2019. Also, The video app has considered a to be increment being used as remote work booms around the world.
By empowering clients to get to the video app from Gmail, Google plans to make it faster and simpler to begin video meetings.
Be that as it may if you have just gotten the update and want to make a call or join one from Gmail, follow our step-by-step guide.
- G Suite account
- Working internet connectivity
- Supported internet browser
Steps to host a meeting from Gmail
- Open Gmail on your laptop or PC
- Search for ‘Meet’ section in the left sidebar
- Under the Meet window, select the option ‘Start a meeting’
- A new window pops up with a special meet.google.com URL
- You would now be able to invite more individuals to join the meeting by sharing a meeting ID through Gmail
Steps to join a meeting from Gmail
Joining a meeting is easy, all you need is the meeting ID shared by the organizer.
- Tap on the option ‘Join a meeting’
- Enter the meeting code to join
Steps to invite somebody to join a meeting
- When the meeting is hosted, click on the option to include others and copy joining information.
- Share it through Gmail or some other methods
Do take note that this feature relies on your administrator also. So ensure that your administrator maintains this new Meet feature in Gmail.