Avatars have been around for quite a long time, and now they’ve come to Facebook’s. The social network may trail a long time behind Yahoo, Bitmoji, and Apple’s Memoji avatars, however, the freshest Facebook addition is filling your newsfeed with a variety of faces, hairstyles, and outfits. Presented a week ago, Facebook avatar let you make a cartoony character to look like yourself, which you can use as stickers in comments, stories, and Facebook Messenger.
What’s more, your avatar can be used instead of your Facebook profile picture and can be used in text messages on your phone. You can likewise send the avatar stickers in applications like Snapchat, Twitter, Mail, and Instagram.
Here are the steps by which to make your own Facebook avatar on your iPhone ($699 at Apple) or Android phone at present.
Steps to make Facebook avatar
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and tap the hamburger menu (three stacked lines). It could be in the lower right corner for iPhone and the upper right corner for Android.
- Scroll down and tap See More.
- Select Avatars.
- Tap Next and afterward Get Started.
- Select your preferred skin tone (there are 27 alternatives) and tap Next.
- You’ll at that point be told to pick a hairstyle for your avatar. You can choose Short, Medium, Or Long for a variety of styles. When you’ve made your selection, tap the Color icon.
- Next, you’ll proceed onward to your avatar’s Face icon, where you’ll choose the face shape, complexion, and face lines.
- After you’ve customized the face, tap the Eye icon. Select an eye shape, color, and lash length. At that point proceed onward to the Eyebrows icon and select the brow shape and color. You can likewise include glasses.
- Presently it’s a great opportunity to customize the nose and mouth. Select your nose shape and afterward proceed onward to your lips shape. You can likewise include a lip shading and facial hair.
- Next, select body shape. When you do this, you can pick an outfit that you like best. You can likewise decide to include a hat, scarf, or cat ears to your avatar’s outfit.
- When you’re done customizing your avatar, tap the checkmark icon in the upper right corner. Tap Next and afterward Done.
At the point when you want to use it, you can get to the avatar you made by tapping the smiley face icon in the Write a comment section of Facebook.
That is it! Presently you have a Facebook avatar that you can share with your companions.
First published on May 18, 2020 at 12:22 p.m. PT.