Riding on an enormous saffron surge sweeping through most parts of India, the BJP-led NDA government looks set to become the only non-Congress government to come back to power in the Indian history. The alliance has taken a huge lead over the Congress-led UPA. As per the most recent trends, the alliance has crossed the majority mark of 272 and is racing towards 350 seats mark out of the total 542 Lok Sabha seats. NDA had won 336 seats in 2014 polls, in which BJP had earned 282 seats.
As anticipated in exit polls, BJP has made handsome gains in West Bengal and has figured out how to frustrate the threats from BSP-SP Mahagathbandhan in Uttar Pradesh. The saffron wave not just cleared through the Hindi heartland and Gujarat, yet in addition rippled through West Bengal, Odisha, Maharashtra and Karnataka. Just Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh seemed immaculate. Indeed, even in Telangana, the BJP was ahead in four seats, equivalent to the Telangana Rashtra Samiti.
All India figures dependent on leads:
Here are the live updates:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi leading by almost 3 lakh votes in Varanasi.
- Smriti Irani stretches out lead against Rahul Gandhi to more than 9,000 votes in Amethi.
- BJP’s Tejasvi Surya wins Bengaluru South seat. Rahul Gandhi wins Wayanad seat in Kerala.
- Jagan Reddy to take oath of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister on May 30.
- K Chandrashekhar Rao’s daughter K Kavitha trailing from Nizamabad, BJP candidate Dharmapuri Arvind leading by more than 31,000 votes.
- Congress candidate Shatrughan Sinha trailing by 1,33,959 votes against BJP’s Ravi Shankar Prasad from Patna Sahib
- Meanwhile, Jagan Reddy’s YSRCP wave clears Andhra Pradesh Assembly elections. Party is leading on 149 seats, TDP on 25 seats and Janasena Party on 1 seat.
- Former Home Minister and Congress leader Sushil Kumar Shinde trailing from Solapur, Maharashtra.
- Former Prime Minister HD Devegowda trailing from Tumkur. Pragya Thakur leading by a major margin from Bhopal.
- West Bengal (42 seats): TMC leading on 24 seats, BJP on 17 seats and Congress on 1 seat
- BJP President Amit Shah leading by over 2.5 lakh votes from Gandhinagar.
- Union Ministers Manoj Sinha and Maneka Gandhi trailing from Ghazipur and Sultanpur respectively
- Jyotiraditya Scindia is trailing by 40,000 votes from Guna, Madhya Pradesh.
- Congress’ Shashi Tharoor leading from Thiruvananthapuram by more than 13,000 votes.
- Smriti Irani picks up force against Congress President Rahul Gandhi. Rahul trailing by more than 7,300 votes.
- PM Narendra Modi leading by more than 1 lakh votes in Varanasi.
- BJP’s Hema Malini leading from Mathura Lok Sabha seat. BJP’s Giriraj Singh and Ravi Shankar Prasad ahead by a tremendous margin in Bihar’s Begusarai and Patna Sahib.
- BJP’s Tejasvi Surya leading by more than 1 lakh votes in Bangalore South.
- National Conference leading from Anantnag, Mehbooba Mufti trailing at third place.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot’s child Vaibhav Gehlot is trailing behind BJP candidate Gajendra Singh Shekhawat with a margin of 18,874 votes in Jodhpur Lok Sabha seat.
- Gujarat: BJP ahead in all 26 seats, BJP president Amit Shah leading by more than 1 lakh votes in Gandhinagar.
- BJP-Shiv Sena leading on all six seats of Mumbai. Congress’ candidate Urmila Matondkar from Mumbai is trailing.
- Chhattisgarh (11 seats): BJP leading on 9 seats, Congress leading on 2 seats
- Independent candidate Sumanlatha Ambareesh leading by more than 1,200 votes from Mandya against Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy’s child Nikhil Kumaraswamy.
- Congress leader Manvendra Singh trailing from Barmer, Union Minister Rajvardhan Rathore leading from Jaipur Rural
- Congress leading on 8 seats in Punjab, BJP and SAD leading on 2 seats each and AAP leading on one seat
- BJP leading on all seven seats in Delhi.
- BJP candidate and Union Minister Maneka Gandhi trailing from Sultanpur, Sonia Gandhi leading from Rae Bareli. Varun Gandhi leading from Pilibhit.
- Owaisi trailing in his stronghold Hyderabad.
- Sunny Deol now takes lead. Kanaihya Kumar from Begusarai is trailing against BJP’s Giriraj Singh; SAD’s Harsimrat Kaur Badal leading from Bhatinda; Vivek Tankha from Jabalpur, trailing
- BJP’s Gautam Gambhi leading from East Delhi, Sonia Gandhi leading in Rae Bareili; Cong’s Milind Deora trails in South Mumbai; BJP’s Varun Gandhi leading in Pilibhit; Mehbooba Mufti trailing from her bastion Anantnag.
- DMK races ahead in Tamil Nadu; In Kerela, BJP is leading on 3 seats. In West Bengal, BJP takes lead on 5 seats; BJP leading on most seats in Karnataka.
- Anticipating triumph in the Lok Sabha elections, BJP has invited 20,000 party workers today evening to the BJP headquarters in Delhi for celebrations.
- The Union home ministry has alarmed all states and Union Territories on the likelihood of violence in various parts of the nation, saying calls were given in different quarters for inducing violence.