History 101 – Democrats Legal Responsibility for Slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, the Civil War, Lynchings, Hate Monuments, and Segregation
Racism and Slavery? Read Facts below and you decide. For discussion with Racial Reconciliation Groups and Discussions in Safe Places.
If you are a Democrat and Nobody told you the facts, here they are:
1) The Confederate Democrat Party lost the Civil War
2) The Confederate Democrats are legally complicit & responsible for slavery
3) Structural Racism is a result of the Confederate Democrat Ideals from the time of Thomas Jefferson all the way up to the time of Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
4) Segregation is a result of Confederate Democrat politicians after the Civil war up until the 1970s’.
5) The KKK is known as a Terrorist Arm of the Confederate Democrat Party from 1865 up until Reagan
6) All racist hate monuments depict Confederate Democrat Party Leaders of the past.
7) Murderous lynching were a key part of the Confederate Democrats centralized government control.
8) Jim Crow was created by Confederate Democrats seeking to oppress blacks and other minorities such as Sicilians from voting and getting jobs.
9) The Confederate Democrat Party Candidates and Leaders created Structural Racism to maintain political power.
Here are the reasons why Democrats should Apologize and Pay Monetary Damages
- Confederate Democrat Slavery – The Democratic Party platforms expressly supported slavery in written policy. See the 6 Democrat Policy National Platforms supporting Slavery from 1840 through 1860. Citation Library of Congress
- Democrat Leaders and Slaves – Seven Democrat Presidents owned slaves from 1800 through 1861. History Channel Citation
- Republican Party Founded to Fight Slavery and Democrat Party Human Rights Violations – Many people around the country quit as democrats to create the republican party. To fight against injustice, the Republican Party was created. Citation
- Confederate Democrat Segregation – 20 Written Democratic Party platforms supported segregation or were silent on the subject during the years 1868 all the way up to 1948. Wall Street Journal Citation
- Democrat Jim Crow Terrorism –The democrats of the recent past wrote laws which segregated public schools, restaurants, transportation, rest rooms and public places in general (everything from water machines to public beaches). Citation USA Today Network
- The KKK Ku Klux Klan & Democrats – Columbia University historian Eric Foner, The KKK became “a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.” AND University of North Carolina historian Allen Trelease’s description of the Klan is the “terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.” PBS Citation
- Democrats’ voted against the Civil Rights Act – It was passed by a Republican Congress and signed into law by Republican President Ulysses Grant. The law prohibited racial discrimination in public places and public accommodations. Encyclopedia Citation
- Democrats Against Black Freedom & Voting – Democrats opposed the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the US Constitution. The 13th Amendment banned slavery. The 14th guaranteed due process and equal protection to former slaves. The 15th gave black Americans the right to vote. History Channel
- Democrats Blocked Civil Rights – Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1866.
- Democrats Continued Demands for Segregation – The Democrats’ 1904 platform devotes a section to “Sectional and Racial Agitation,” which fought against Republican protests against Democrat segregation. Citation
- Democrat Hate Monuments – 800 or so Democrat Confederate monuments and statues of slave owners and those democrats who lost the Civil War are on public property throughout the country according to the Southern Poverty Center. https://www.splcenter.org/20190201/whose-heritage-public-symbols-confederacy. There are no known hate monuments celebrating slave owners erected by the Republican or Union forces.
- C-Ville – Many Democrats in Charlottesville marched to keep their Confederate monuments dedicated to their Democrat war heros.
- Democrats & Lynching – Lasted until 2018 – Republicans fought nationally to oppose lynching (in 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928 etc. ) while Democrats ignored the issue until 2018. Citation – Wash. Post
- White Republicans were Lynched for Fighting Against Racism – The worst year for whites was 1884 when 160 whites were lynched. For blacks, the highest number of lynchings occurred in 1892 when 161 were lynched. Citation – The Hill Citation
- Recent Democrat Leaders and the KKK – Robert Byrd of West Virginia (a former Klan member and friend of the Clintons) and Bull Connor, who sicked dogs and fire hoses on civil rights protestors, was as member of the Democratic National Committee and the Ku Klux Klan Newsweek Citation
- Largest USA Mass Lynching After the Civil War – Italian Lynching – Democrats participated and sat silent while mass lynchings were committed against Italians and Sicilians such as the largest lynching in the USA in 1891 in New Orelans which was of Italians. See History.com https://www.history.com/news/the-grisly-story-of-americas-largest-lynching
- Democratic Convention Klan Marching – At the Democrat Convention of 1924, known to history as the “Klanbake.” the Klan staged a rally with 10,000 hooded Klansmen in a field in New Jersey with cross burnings and calls for violence against minorities and Catholics. The Democrat Convention of 1924 had only Caucasian Delegates Citation
- Ashamed Democrats Abandon the Party – The big reason young people didn’t join the democrat party since LBJ and Jimmy Carter is that they were too embarrassed about the “human rights” crimes by democrat leaders over 200 years. This is referred to as the Nixon Strategy to recruit people who were ashamed of the party who were not part of the Democrat offenses of the past and bring them into the republican tent. Citation from Scholar – WEB DuBois.
- Democrat Government Segregation – Democrats segregated the federal government at the direction of President Woodrow Wilson in 1913 – Citation
- Democrat Structural Racism – Up until 1965, thousands of local politicians, state legislators, state governors, U.S. Congressmen and U.S. Senators were elected as supporters of slavery and/or segregation between 1805 and 1965. Citation – Citation
- Continued Slavery in New York and Philadelphia until 1925. – Italians and Sicilians Freed in New York and Philadelphia in 1874 but Italian slavery continued until 1925 in New York. – In 1874, Congress passed the Padrone Act to: “Prevent the practice of enslaving, buying, selling or using Italian Children.” Known as the Padrone Statute, the law was passed to stop the use of slaves in Philadelphia and New York. The law stipulated that anyone who held “any other person in involuntary confinement or to any involuntary service” shold be “deemed guilty of a felony and pay a fine uf up to $5,000 dollars. Citation The slaves of New York City were considered Union guild apprentices even though some were only 5-8 years old and many were used as Organ/Monkey Grinders.
- Democrats Against Martin Luther King’s Call for Civil Rights – Approx 75% of the opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Bill in the U.S. House came from Democrats and 80% of the opposition vote in the Senate was from Democrats. Citation
While having racial debates and racial reconciliation discussions with Democrats today are almost impossible due to ignorance of the facts, most of the progressives and democrats today do not know that the hold membership in a historical confederate organization which caused slavery, the KKK and Jim Crow is a real ethical and “human rights’ problem. Even today, nobody is sure how anyone in good conscience can pay dues and remain a member of a historically confederate group which was responsible for the: death, enslavement, terrorism and rape upon so many poor citizens of the United States.
In sum, many today are protesting that democrat party should be disbanded by the government for being complicit in the crimes of slavery, terrorism, hate monuments, war crimes, and the loss of 500 thousand young Christian boys killed in the Civil War, and other human rights crimes.
Various Books and Encyclopedias discussing the Confederate Democratic Party